About the New World Program
The New World Program is a partnership between The Coca-Cola Foundation and Global Water Challenge that encourages participation of civil society organizations to create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable solutions for the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The New World Program provides grants to projects that focus on the following pillars:
- Build sustainable communities through enhanced clean water access and sanitation services;
- Empower communities through waste management initiatives, including collection, sorting and recycling;
- Improved water resources management through community-based approaches;
- Increased capacity development on mainstreaming gender equality in sustainable development solutions in civil society;
- Empower women and youth, to include education improvements and job generation opportunities to build resilient communities; and
- Increased participation of civil society organizations (NGOs, CBOs) to supporting innovative, inclusive and sustainable solutions to key developmental challenges across several regions.
These efforts contribute to addressing SDGs 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 14, and 17.